5th Line Capital, a boutique investment and advisory firm focused on early and growth-stage companies, has an opening for a new Director of Credit Relations position within our growing capital markets advisory team. The advisory services team helps growth-stage, often cash-burning companies add capital while avoiding dilution through equity raise. We first assess where clients fit in the market and then shoulder the workload of credit review and approval processes to deliver fast, favorable capital solutions from our network of trusted venture-oriented partners — even when clients do not fit traditional venture debt profiles.
Part credit underwriting, part business development, the Director of Credit Relations evaluates financial materials, qualifies credit opportunities, and manages relationships with lending partners.
After reviewing incoming opportunities developed by the sales team, the Director of Credit Relations evaluates the viability of success, identifies the proper lending partners and facilitates the successful review and structuring of terms to be delivered to the client. Evaluation of the credit materials, development of the data room and investor presentation, and efficient review with lenders are paramount to the success of this role, and each and every client opportunity.
The person filling this role has experience in investment banking, venture lending, investing, or similar; with a network from which to pull, experience from which to draw, and the “know-how” when it comes to identifying when an opportunity is viable. This person is outgoing, problem-solving, quick learning, persistent, and can negotiate.
Responsibilities for Director
- Evaluation of credit materials, such as financials, market research, etc.
- Development and management of relationships with our lending partners
- Creation of investor materials, primarily the investor presentation on the current opportunity.
- Maintain open communication with the team, clients, and lenders.
- Know & continue to educate yourself on the market of which we serve
- Educate CEO CFO, and C-level executives on what the market is for their particular stage, credit profile, etc.
- Handle client relationships through the most important stages of the process from becoming a client to understanding their business and financial goals to establishing their lending relationships, facilitating a successful deal.
- Collaborate with sales teams by bringing innovative new business development ideas to the table
Qualifications & Requirements
- 5+ Years’ Professional Work Experience
- 2+ Years experience in a venture banking role
- Demonstrated ability to work solo as well as being a productive team member
- Goal-oriented & relationship-focused
- Has demonstrated an ability to develop & manage long-term relationships (beyond just a “transaction”)
- Must be a quick learner & excellent problem-solver in a competitive environment
- Outgoing personality & able to develop relationships often over the phone or computer
- Has a strong work ethic and are eager to learn and make new connections with prospects
- Love for building & maintaining business relationships
- Competitive - you want to outwork everyone around you and be rewarded for your level of effort and not the amount of time you've been in your role.
- In-office & Remote